Friday, December 2, 2011

I need a little 'Stength'

I just love it when a lipstick has a cool name - one you can relate you or makes you feel sexy and strong when you wear it!  Who wouldn't want to put on a colour called 'Diva' or 'Vixen' or even 'Femme Fatale' - all these names just give you that extra jolt of felling feminine, alive, mysterious, sensual.  For me, I'm loving 'Strength' by MAC right now - I think I need to feel more strong, confident, assertive, 'the world is my oyster' mixed with a little 'don't mess with me'!  I think our look and how we present ourselves to the world is more important than we think.  Should we become obsessed with how we look?  Absolutely not, but I think how we present ourselves says a lot about how we feel about who we are.  If you dress in torn clothes, wrinkled tops and baggy pants, you're showing the world how little you think about yourself, you're showing the world that in your own eyes, you don't matter!  How about showing the world what you're really worth?  You're worth buying a lipstick with a cool name, you're worth putting on a great dress with heels, you're worth looking fabulous regardless if you're going to the corner store or out to a gala.  You are sooooo 'worth it'!!!  So here is my 'I'm worth it' makeup look, inspired by Strength lipstick of course:




For this look I started with my favourite Loreal True match W4 concealer and foundation.  I then used a powder brush and mixed MAC's Refined Golden Bronzer with MAC's Gold Deposit Mineral Powder.

For my eyes, I started with NARS Silent Night as a base and then used MAC's Woodwinked from the lid into the crease.  I used Teddy eyeliner (also MAC) and smudged Galapagos shadow into the upper lashline and also used this showder on my brows (this is a holy grail shadow for anyone with warm or neutral tones - I love it!)

For my blush, I used MAC's Gingerly blush - its a great everyday neutral blush - still warm, but not too orangey, which is a nice change once in a while - its great when you want to create that neutral, yet pretty look!

Last but not least, the star of the show - I used Revlon's Sienna lipliner and then filled my lips with Strength lipstick by MAC - its a winning combination for me!!!

My advice to all women is to go out there, discover the looks you love - take them out of magazines, find inspiration from nature or travel, whatever speaks to you, then create a look that is really 'you' and shows the world how worthy you really are!!!  God Bless!!!!!!!

No comments: