Saturday, August 22, 2015

MAC Retro Lipstick - The Perfect 'Day' Red

I wrote a blog post about MAC Retro lipstick not too long ago, but now that I'm experimenting more with a simple-natural makeup look, I wanted to show how nicely Retro compliments this!  Retro truly is a perfect day Red shade because its not a true, bold and bright red, but rather a more muted, soft red with peach and earthy undertones.  It's also easily blends in well with lipliners that correspond well to the Red lip - like MAC Auburn/Mahogany tones, but this will take Retro to a deeper, more dramatic look.  Simply swiping on Retro on its own, is ideal for everyday:


I kept the rest of my makeup very minimal (in fact, its the same look as my last post) - MAC woodwinked shadow on the lid, some mascara and Blushbaby blush by MAC!  This is such a classic look and I can't wait to pair it with some classic clothing looks, perhaps a navy blazer or a camel toned shirt dress.  Retro is definitely chic and polished, so loving this lipstick right now!!! :)

No comments: