Friday, July 22, 2011

Pop of Purple

Today was one of those days that I decided to have fun and experiement with a few lipstick and lipliner combinations.  I wanted to find a funky purple lip-shade.  I have to say that this look is not my fave on me, but I like the fact that its a little different.  I think the royal blue top I'm wearing is a little distracting, perhaps a black or plain white T-shirt would have been better, but hey, the whole point is having fun with makeup and experiementing with new and interesting combinations and colours.  Anyhow, here is my 'pop of purple' look:


For my eyes, I started with Navajo as a base (Bobbi Brown) and used Copperplate (MAC) from my lid into the crease.  I lined my eyes with Blooz eyeliner (MAC) and smudged copperplate into the upper lashline and finished with a coat of black mascara.  On my cheeks I used Tawny Blush (Bobbi Brown) and then added Make Up For Ever #89 blush as a pop of colour.  For my lips, I used Currant lipliner with Up the Amp Lipstick (both by MAC).

I'm really starting to like and play around with Up The Amp - its a very unique colour depending on how you choose to wear it and what liner you wear it with.  You can make it look more fuchsia, more purple, more lavender-pink, more soft mauve - all depending on how you mix and match it - Its a really fun colour and perfect to experiment with over the summer.  I haven't tried it yet, but I plan on mixing Up the Amp with Mahogany liner - I think its going to create a beautiful Raisin type shade for fall - I can't wait to play around with that!!!

No comments: