Sunday, July 24, 2011

Smokey Blue/Grey Eyes with Nude Lips

Ever since I blogged about Claudia Linx and her stunning smokey eye/nude lip look, I've been experimenting with some new colours.  I'm particularily starting to like Honeylove and Pervette lipsticks by MAC, particularily when they are blended with a nude/natural type of lipliner.  Since pervette and honeylove both have a pink undertone and subculture (the lipliner I used) also has a pinky-nude undertone, I decided to do a smokey blue-grey eye instead of a neutral-black eye.  However, I do plan on playing around with a silver/black smokey eye in the future, so stay tuned for that.  Anyhow, here is the look I came up with and the makeup shades I used:


For my smokey-blue/grey eye look I used Navajo as a base (Bobbi Brown), Contrast eyeshadow (lid to crease - MAC). I lined my eyes with Phone Number (MAC) and smudged Cabaret shadow into the upper lashline (Marcelle). I used Angelika blush by NARS and lined my lips with Subculture (MAC), then applied Honeylove lipstick (MAC)!

I love this look, as it works with almost anything - the smokey eyes is subtle enough so you can wear this look to the office, or use a heavier hand when applying contrast or switch your liner to 'smolder' by MAC for a more dramatic evening look.  In my opinion, you can never go wrong with a smokey eye, as long as you do it properly and make it work for you!!!

No comments: