Friday, May 20, 2016

Revlon Candy Apple Lip Butter

I've been experimenting with some clear reds lately, as it's such a perfect look for spring colour types.     I also wanted a look that isn't 'too bright' for everyday.  I wanted a 'classic', wear and go red.  When I learned that Revlon's Candy Apple is a spring toned red and that it's a 'lip butter' texture, I thought perfect!  Tonight I'm going to a local theatre to see some awesome Ukrainian dancing, so I decided to put together a look of a warm cream top and a red blazer.  I went with some pearl accessories and thought that the Candy Apple would be perfect - it most definitely is pure spring chic!





For this look, I used NARS Orgasm blush, Urban Decay Mushroom liner and black mascara.  I decided to forgo the lip-liner and simply apply the Candy Apple lip butter by Revlon :)

I am very happy with my self-discovery of the light spring colour palette.  It feels so weird to even say it because I feel so far removed from the stereotypical light season, but there is something so accurate about this palette for me even though I'm a dark brunette :)  Perhaps I'm just one of those rare colour types!

No comments: