Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tribute to Mahogany

I've been so inspired by my recent Mahogany lipliner purchase from MAC.  It got me thinking about what an awesome colour Mahogany is.  I wanted to learn more about the beauty of this colour - its definitely on the brown side of the colour family, but after looking it up, I kept on coming across the definition as: 'a moderate reddish brown'.  Here are a few visuals:



I decided to take the last makeup look I did using Mahogany lipliner and Mocha lipstick and create a collage around the makeup colours I used for the look - I simply love this!  I'm also thinking about adding more of a mahogany/reddish brown base to my hair -



The mahogany lipliner swatch is found on the right hand side of the collage.  I think that Mocha is the perfect neutral shade to blend with Mahogany, but since the colour mahogany is a reddish-brown, you can really play around with various colours, creating a look that has more red or brick toned undertones.  Similarily, you can also add a warm berry or spicy pumpkin shade, as these will compliment Mahogany really well!

2 comments:

donnajean said...

The rich, warmth of mahogany is yummy. I would love to see how it looks as a base for your hair. I did color mine in a similar color when I was younger and I loved it. Look forward to your posts, and appreciate your in-depth analysis.

Sonia Nirmala Devi said...

I totally agree that it would be a fantastic colour to weave into your hair! Absolutely spot on! It's one of those "power" colours on you- these two posts have made that obvious! You look so gorgeous and womanly!