Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Bobbi Brown Sunset Orange Art Stick

I am starting to fall in love with Bobbi Brown's Art Sticks.  I've had my eye on a few of them but decided to wait until the fall-time to play around with the more neutral shades.  However, the last time I was at Sephora, I found myself drawn to the 'Sunset Orange' shade.  In fact, I couldn't put it down - I kept swatching it, holding it up against my skin - I think it's the 'perfect' orange shade.  What I love about it the most is that it's not quite pure orange, but more of an orange-red.  Most orange red's however, I find 'too bright'.  Bobbi Brown's sunset orange is perfect - it's not too bright, but it's not muted/soft either.  It reminds me a little bit of NARS Red Square, but the Sunset Orange just has that additional classic feel.  I also love the idea of an 'Art Stick'.  It sounds so 'playful' - I love that I can wear it as a lipstick, but also use it as a cream blush.


It's interesting to me how my natural lip shade allows this colour to appear more 'red', yet still hold on to the orange undertone.  I think I may have just discovered my perfect red liner/lipstick.  I can't wait to play around with this shade as a base to my favourite reds like YSL #1 and even Bobbi's 'Burnt Red' would be beautiful paired with this shade :)

I decided to pair the Sunset Orange with Bobbi's Tawny blush - it's the perfect pairing, as both are warm and it allow's the lip to still take centre stage.  For the eyes, I used a blend of MAC embark and expensive pink shadows, Bobbi Brown Caviar gel liner smudged with embark shadow and MAC Teddy liner on the lower lash line.  I really love these combination of shades against my golden skin and dark hair - I feel it gives me a very unique and original look, something that is authentic to me :)  The Bobbi Brown Art Stick's are amazing - I will definitely be getting more of these in the future :)


No comments: