Sunday, June 24, 2012

MAC Nice 'N' Spicy Lipliner

Nice 'N' Spicy' is such a lovely lipliner shade.  To me it seems like a softer, more 'nude' version of 'Spice'!  I've developed a love affair with MAC's Kinda Sexy lipstick and have been playing around with various lip-liner shades.  WHen I first got it, the makeup artist at MAC suggested Boldly Bare lipliner, which I love, but I also wanted to find a way to add a tad more warmth to the colour, so I decided to try Nice 'N' Spicy and I love how it looks in combination with Kinda Sexy - check it out:



For this look I started with my basic face (tinted moisturizer, concealer, powder).  I then used Bobbi Brown's Tawny blush as a contour, Makeup FOr Ever #10 gold shadow as a highlight (and eyeshadow base shade) and MAC's Melba blush.  I then applied MAC's Soba shadow from lid to crease and lined the top lasline with Make Up for Ever 5L eyeliner (an olive shade) and smudged NARS glapagos into the lashline. I applied Laura Mercier's Brown Copper to the lower lashline before finishing with mascara.  I then lined my lips with Nice N Spice and topped it off with Kinda Sexy Lipstick!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Renata, I saw your pictures on Facebook, and I think you are Cool/True Winter. Did you ever try this palette ? Lorenne

Renata said...

Hi Lorenne,
THanks for the comment - I have tried the true/cool winter and liked the shades, but felt that there was some warmth that was missing. I also didn't like wearing the grey shadows/eyeliners - I find that the shades in the brown family are more natural and becoming, but I am open to playing around with all the palettes, so maybe I will give the winter shades another try - thanks for the idea!!!

Margo said...

Renata, how did you look with winter drapes during your color analysis? How good are black, pure white and icy light colors for you?

Renata said...

Hey Margo,
I didn't necessarily look bad in those colours, but the warmer shades just looked better. The true royal blue was not very becoming, either was a cool red shade - but all the brown toned drapes, warm reds looked really good! Between the warm and cool drapes, the warm did seem to be better, but I can pull off black and white no problem - it makes me think again that perhaps there is something more 'neutral' about me, as I can easily wear both, but I think I lean warmer!

Margo said...

Renata, I have similar situation. During summer time when I have suntan I wear black, white, bright winter colors and I look fine. These colors do not go in front of my face. Miracle!