Saturday, June 9, 2012

Rich, Elegant Chocolate

Although the title of this post sounds like I may be talking about Belgian chocolate truffles, I'm actually  talking about a rich, chocolate brunette hair colour!  I discovered since my last post that the hair colour that is ideal for brunettes like me is a shade called 'Golden Chocolate Brown'.  I decided to find some more photos based on this colour description and shown here are some of my favourites.  I've been toying with the idea of going red or a lighter golden brown, but a friend pointed out to me that my eyebrowns are naturally dark and steering away from brunette may not be the ideal choice.  Looking back through my childhood photos, its clear that my natural colour is a rich chestnut/chocolate brown in the medium range - leaning more golden/rich vs dark or light:


I love this models hair because the chocolate warmth is so rich and elegant.  I particularily like how the chocolate is broken up slightly with some golden caramel highlights.  This colour is amazing and I can see it working on various skintones, as long as there is warmth and richness to the complexion!



Eva Longoria is so lucky because her hair looks good dark and lighter with golden highlights.  However, my favourite colour on her is this medium to dark chocolate brunette shade with what seems like caramel-copper toned highlights.  She can really handle a lot of warmth and richness in her hair!!!



Rose Byrne looks so elegant with this chocolate brunette hair colour - it just franes her natural colouring so well and gives her such a warm, golden glow!  I love the cut and style as well!!!



Leaning slightly into the red colour family, this chocolate brown base on Helena Chistensen is infused with sultry, rich reddish tones.  I love this shade - it reminds me of a warm, aubun/mahogany chocolate shade.  I think that a brunette that wants to try going red, but still wants to have that natural look, should try a shade like this!



Finally, I couldn't talk about the perfect chocolate brunette shade without mentioning Katie Holmes.  Her hair colour is just so gorgeous and looks so natural, it really is the 'ideal' shade for her.  I also admire Katie Holmes because she has stayed true to her rich, chocolate locks.  I think she has learned to work with what she has and not fight mother nature - a lesson that I am learning to accept and adopt into my own life!!!

Here are a few photos of myself with my natural chocolate mane:







I wanted to find a variety of photos since the lighting and natural wear and tear of the photo can alter the colour a little bit - but basically I am a natural chocolate toned woman and its time to embrace my inner 'truffle'!!!





3 comments:

Jeanine Byers said...

Love your natural reddish highlights and your peaches-and-cream skintone. Those were great hair pics, too!

Renata said...

Thank you Ioana - yes, I will definitely follow your blog - I just cked it out and you have an amazing sense of style and are stunning!!!

Renata said...

THanks Gabriele,
Sure, I'd love to check out and follow your blog!