Saturday, January 17, 2015

Copper and Gold Look

After my 'Look' vs "Best Colour' post, I decided to put together a combination of a warm autumn Look and my warm autumn best colours. Basically, this is the best of both worlds. I decided to take key elements from the warmth of copper, bronze and gold. I started with my basic face of concealer, tinted moisturizer. I then used the medium toned highlight shade in the too faced 'natural eye' palette to apply above my cheekbones, on the bridge of my nose and forehead. I mixed two shadows - saddle and amber lights and applied this from lid to crease, blending the crease well. I used Marcelle's Dark Brown eyeliner and smudged it with the darkest bronze-gold shade in the too faced-natural eye palette. I then applied a black-brown mascara. I used the mixing technique once again for my cheeks, blending MAC's Trace Gold with Sunbasque. For the lips, I wanted to create a GOLD-NUDE shade - I first applied MAC's Etcetera lipliner and then used Makeup for ever #17 lipstick!!! Voila - a true warm look - a great look to wear with golds, bronze and copper shades. ALso a great look for the winter months when you want a 'warm' nude lip and more smokey eyes!!!

5 comments:

adrienne said...

I love this look, wish I could try it but I know it would be too light on me! Wish I had blue eyes like yours

Anonymous said...

You seem to be struggling with your identity.

In your blog you never seem happy with any of your looks and you keep changing them. It is hard to watch. Why do you need make-up to feel good about yourself?

Renata said...

THank you so much Adrienne!!!

Anonymous - I decided to publish your comment only so I can respond to you - If my blog is 'hard to watch', Don't Watch - its as simple as that - what you describe as a 'struggle for identity', I see as my right to express my ever evolving knoweldge about myself - its not a struggle at all, in fact, its my stepping stone to personal growth. With every post, with every colour experiment, with every new look, I learn something new about myself and about the beautiful world of colour - I learn from my posts and I love sharing them - struggle for identity is literally the furthest thing from the truth - I actually feel bad that you cannot understand that and can't seem to find a positive way to express youself. Perhaps you need to stop 'struggling' with your clear inner dissapointment with 'my' blog - don't like my posts, don't read them!!!

Audrey said...

Dear anonymous,
You are jumping to conclusions that she isn't content with her appearance based on the fact she enjoys changing up things like lipstick from day to day? Hahahaha. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. I hope you are a teenager, because you have a lot of growing up to do it seems. There's a bigger issue at hand here than someone who enjoys changing up their makeup. If it's so hard to watch someone change up their makeup, then why do you continue to watch and read? Evidently to post nasty and belittling comments. Let me tell you something "anonymous"....
1. Putting other people down or making sly condescending remarks isn't going to boost your own lack of self esteem or make you less depressed about your own life.
2. If you're so confident being a bully, use your real name next time.

Renata said...

Audrey - I so appreciate and thank you for your response to such a ridiculous comment from 'anonymous' - I'm grateful to know that I have supporters who understand and respect my journey! Thank you!!! :)