Saturday, January 10, 2015

MAC Myth Lipstick

I have a secret addiction to watching 'Real Housewifes of Beverly Hills', which I guess is not a secret anymore :) - I'm not into the drama aspect of the show, but I absolutely LOVE to watch how these women live, the clothes they wear and their makeup. I'm definitely NOT in envy of their lives, I think I watch it more for entertainment purposes :) - THat being said, I DO have a favourite character on the show - Yolanda Foster! I was reading an interview that she did about her style and she mentioned a few key things that she always keeps in her makeup bag - MAC Myth, NARS Belle de Jour, NARS Fantasia lipliner, MAC Grey Utility eyeliner. Now, my skintone and look are nothing like Yolanda's - she has platinum blonde hair, a fair skintone, blue eyes. I'm definitely warmer, darker hair with a neutral skintone. However, I wanted to see if I could use some of these products and create a 'Yolanda' look that would suit almost anyone - so here it goes:
I started with a neutral concealer (I used the concealer palette by MAC), Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in Bisque. I then used a highligh shade that is actually an eyeshadow - MAC 'all that glitters'. For the smokey eye, I used the all that glitters shadow and then lined by upper lashline with two liners - MAC smolder and MAC grey utility - I then used an angle brush to smudge out the line. On the bottom lashline I used MAC's smolder and finished with black mascara. NARS Madly was my blush of choice for this look, as its a light shell shade that works well with a nude lip. I didn't have NARS fantastia (the shade that Yolanda wears) but I liked the combination of Myth with MAC Etcetera lipliner, so thats what I used in this pic!!! I have to admit, I'm definitely liking the nude lip look and its a look I'm going to play around with again!!! As for me, I'm off to watch a Real Housewifes of Belevery Hills re-run :)

No comments: