Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tisse Venitien Eyeshadow Quad by Chanel



I'm completely in love with the Tisse Venitien eyeshadow quad by Chanel - its exactly the palette that my natural eye colour has been screaming for.  I've tested and tried many eyeshadow combinations, but this is my ultimate favourite.  I've discovered that in order to make this palette work the best, I need to tone down the lip.  In my last post, I teamed this eyeshadow quad with a deeper neutral called 'La Raffinee' by Chanel, which is great for an evening Chanel look.  However, for day and to really give the eyes all the attention they deserve, I went with a blend of two of my favourite NARS lipsticks - Catfight + Blonde Venus.  This combination creates the perfect pink-rose-beige and doesn't overpower the look.  Also, the Desert Rose blush by MAC is the perfect side-kick to this lipstick blend! In my last post, I used a grey eyeliner, which is also more of an evening statement/smokey eye look.  I decided to play around with a liner called 'Mushroom' by Urban Decay - its a cooler toned taupe-muted grey shade and its fantastic with the Tisse Venitien palette.  Now that I'm using colours that really work with my natural palette vs relying on a system of colour analysis, I feel very free to play around with shades I know work vs trying to fit myself into a category.  If I had to settle on a colour palette, Soft Summer or Soft Summer Deep would be my ideal choice and those palette swatches are great guides, but there is an even better colour swatch/guide and that's YOU!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like this look especially. Also, remarkable words: ". . . but there is an even better colour swatch/guide and that's YOU!!"