Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Retro Lipstick by MAC and a Dose of Motherly Love!!!

I have a very funny story and relationship with the lipstick 'Retro' by MAC! I have tried Retro before, always thought it was 'just ok' - I think I've even blogged about it before, but its only been recently that I've really embraced this shade for what it really is - an elegant shade that covers ALL the bases - its got a touch of red, a touch of peach, a touch of brown, a touch of rose, a touch of CLASS!!! Retro's got it all!!! For years, my mother has been wearing Retro - its one of her 'go-to' shades. Everytime I see my mom, she 'always' looks put together - more and more, I see my mom and I absolutely ADMIRE her - her style, the way she's always classy and elegant looking, how strong she is as a woman, how giving and beautiful she is as a soul - I love my Mom! I've realized that my mom really is my best friend - when no one else is there and I need a shoulder to cry on, she's 'always' there and that is very comforting and beautiful!!! So really, this look is inspired by my Mom - a very classy and elegant woman! Next, to my mom, the star of the show is 'Retro' - a must have lipstick shade for anyone looking for a put together, go with everything, casual-elegant look: I started this look with a good, hydrating moisturizer, a light tinted moisturizer, concealer, Chanel's 'Prelude' eyeshadow palette (the medium shade applied from lid to crease and the darkest shade smudged into the upper lashline), a dark brown liner by Marcelle, black mascara (Loreal voluminous continues to be a go-to), my favourite 'Madly' blush by NARS and RETRO!!! Voila - a go to look that will always 'be there for you', just like Mom!!! :)

No comments: