Thursday, March 13, 2014

Yves Rocher - Bois De Rose

More and more I see the value of a great lipliner. In fact, sometimes a lipliner layered over a lipbalm is all you need! In my personal research on lipliners, artists use this took in various ways. Some apply the liner before the lipstick, some after, some use it as a blending tool and others use it on its own! One thing I've come to learn, is not to listen to advice from artists and use that advice as a 'cardinal rule' - instead, listen to what an artist has to teach you, learn from their advice, and then make it work for you! Remember, when you applying makeup, its your face, it your canvas, you know it better than anyone and you know what you like!!! Taking a break from this blog really brought me back to using makeup in a way that I feel the most comfortable! There are guides, there is good advice, there are makeup professionals and colour analysts, but at the end of the day, you need to be your own person and your own authority! Now that I've got that off my chest, I'm ready to talk about one of my favourite lipliners that I discovered in Paris and luckily the company Yves Rocher is also sold here in North America. Bois De Rose is a shade that is more along the lines of a brownish or even slightly coral toned Rose, in other words, in a warmer rose shade and 'perfect' for blending in a variety of different shades. In my last post, I talked about trying to create a multi-dimentinal colour and look - you will bring your makeup to a whole new level when you learn to mix and match and create custom colours that work for you - in essence, its like a really expensive hair-cut and you will leave people wondering, what colour is that? what is she wearing? Its all about the 'Allure' - that's what the Parisians are known for. Beauty is not about being 'Beautiful' because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Beauty is about 'owning' your own beauty authority and making it uniquely 'yours' - its about looking in the mirror, liking what you see and 'owning' that energy everywhere you go!!! With the 'Bois De Rose' liner, you have room to create a lot of different looks - I paired it with my go-to 'Retro' lipstick by MAC, but it works really well with a lot of CHanel lipsticks too, in particular Venise, Rivoli and practically any shade with a hint of rose. This liner creates a very 'Romantic' look - its ideal for a casual-elegant look (stay tuned for a great up-coming post about casual-elegance)!!! In essence, lipliners are you friends and they can 'transform' any lipstick that you would otherwise by-pass or throw out into the most beautiful shade. Take inventory of all the colours you have and then ask - what's missing? how can I transform all these shades? Perhaps you want to make them more neutral looking or brighter or even 'warmer' or 'cooler' - whatever you need to do to create that perfect look for you, do it and remember, you are the artist painting your own canvas - enjoy the experience!!!

4 comments:

Sneza said...

What do you think of these "invisible" or "universal" lip liners that are coming out? e.g., http://www.sephora.com/universal-lip-liner-P379324 or http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5390049

I'm guessing you would be sorry to lose out on the layer of colour? Or do you think it's a good idea?

Anonymous said...

glad your back! I've been following this blog forever, you've introduced me to so many great lipsticks. Cool toned lipsticks just don't look as natural on me. I thought I'd share some good ones I've found with you...

Clinique "sugar bean"
Revlon "terra copper"

Renata said...

Thank you so much Anonymous for your message - its so funny, I actually just purchased Terra Copper the other day and I absolutely LOVE it!!! I will have to post about it - I love all the various dimensions of the colour!!! I haven;t checked out Sugar Bean by clinique, so I'll have to keep my eye out for it - thanks so much again for writing!!!

Renata said...

Hey Sneza,
GREAT question - I need to do a post about that - the invisible liners have their own use and they are great when you know what type of lip dimensions you want to create - I actually haven;t played around with them enough to comment fully, but thanks for the idea - I will have to do some more research!!! <3