Sunday, February 1, 2015

Smashbox Cognac Lipgloss

The best weekends for me are the ones that are casual, carefree and relaxing. I look forward to running my routine errands, then coming home to make a nice dinner and watch a feel good movie. I find that during the weekend, I prefer to wear a low-key look - something still polished, but no-fuss. I've never been much of a gloss girl, but I do like the idea of just swiping on a colour that is sheer. I think that I was turned off of glosses years ago when they were all super-sticky. I'm finding that the glosses today are much more luxurious, sheer and go on smooth. I can get used to these types of glosses. My most recent gloss purchase was from Smashbox - I loved the name and look of the colour 'Cognac'. It feels great on the lips and I love the warm brown shade for my autumn colouring! For my 'weekend casual' look, I paired this gloss with brownish-rust neutral eye look and a sheer application of my favourite blush - Gingerly by MAC. For the eye makeup I used a mix of Soba and Saddle on the lid into the crease, Urban Decay Bourbon liner (smudged with MAC Saddle) and a touch of Saddle on my brows as well. I finished off the look with a black-brown mascara from Loreal! I look forward to discovering some new gloss shades and playing around with various glosses. I'm still a lipstick girl at heart, but for those lazy weekends, a nice gloss is the perfect companion!!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very elegant, fresh look here...

Anonymous said...

I think this combination looks wonderful on you.. Clothes, hair color, lip, all have a unified and complementary look. One of your best, IMHO...

Renata said...

THank you So much for the compliment :)

Anonymous said...

Definitely agree with the previous two comments. Very beautiful.