Friday, April 1, 2016

Go Blue - Autism Awareness

Today is Autism awareness day in Canada.   I wore all blue clothes (head to toe today - from my shirt to my shoes :) and so I wanted to create a makeup look to compliment all the shades of blue I was wearing.  Strangely enough, I'm not wearing any blue on my eyes, but rather various shades of taupe.


I started this look with my basic concealer and foundation.  I then applied NARS Mata Hari blush.  For the eyes, I used MAC Quarry from the lid into the crease and then used urban decay mushroom liner.  I smudged MAC copperplate eyeshadow into the upper lash liner before finishing with black mascara.  For my lipstick choice, I went with Chanel Legend :)

Aside from just creating a makeup look, I want to bring people to the attention of autism awareness.  I've been a special education teacher for 10 years and am currently teaching english and art at the high school level.  During my time working with severe needs students, I've come to understand how important it is for us to be aware of individuals with special needs.  Students with autism and special needs in general have so many incredible gifts to share.   One of the best experiences I had teaching students with special needs was when I created and taught a special needs 'cosmetology/makeup' class.  It was so much fun showing my students how to apply makeup and other everyday life skills.  So I'm very proud to be wearing blue today!!!  

No comments: