Monday, November 8, 2010

Anatomy of a Gala

This past weekend, I attended my first Gala with my boyfriend - It was for a local hospital and the theme was 'The Holly and the Ivy' - basically a celebration of Christmas and the Holidays.  I've wanted to go "all out" for this Gala so I got a fabulous dress, a killer pair of shoes, got my hair and makeup done and felt like a true Disney princess!  Here's what it takes to go Glam:

Melanie Lynn is my favourite place to buy dresses for events - they usually always have some amazing sale prices and the quality of the dresses are amazing - I wish  had taken a full length picture of this dress, but I wanted to show the deatils of the flower and the gorgeous colour (a true royal purple/blue shade) - basically the dress is floor length and has a slight mermaid flair at the bottom - I felt like I was going to the Oscars in this dress!!!

Have you ever felt that a pair of shoes were created just for you?  I picked out this 'killer' pair of shoes at Nine West (hands down my favourite shoe store).  I love the sparkle and elegance of this shoe and the silver heel adds that extra element of glam!  I felt like Cinderella is these shoes, as if they were my own personal glass slipper!!!


If you have that amazing dress and pair of shoes - your hair and makeup need to be uber fabulous as well - I originally wanted a full updo, but the stylist recommened a 'side do' to balance out the flower on the dress - I liked the hair as soon as she was done, but once I put on that dress and had my makeup done, I felt even more special - this hair style really complimented my glam look on every level!


I could totally get used to the glamed-up Gala lifestyle - everything from the pampering to getting a new dress and accessories, its all about feeling 'extra' special - Its almost as if you get to be Grace Kelly or Jackie Kennedy for a day! I felt like a modern day princess and I loved every minute of it!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This photo is grate too,you are deffinitly Cool summer.

Anonymous said...

Hellloooo GOrGEoUs

Anonymous said...

IAre both of these hair pictures you? Or is one someone else showing your desired style because the hair color looks different.

Renata said...

Hi Anonymous - yes. both these pics are of me. One photo is taken on an angle, the other in a different location with different lighting!

Anonymous said...

Oh, ok. . Your hair looks more ornate and warmer colors taken from the angle so I thought maybe it was someone else's and you were just showing it to illustrate the style, lol. Thanx. It is a nice style, I like it a lot.

Renata said...

Thanks so much for the compliment!!!