Monday, November 1, 2010

Elegant Jewellery

When it comes to jewellery, my motto has always been 'simplicity is elegance' - I'm not into very flashy, in your face pieces.  Instead, I believe in 'statement' pieces!  My staples are diamonds, pendants, hoop earings, pearls and crystal drop earings.  Here are a few things that I love: 



Aquamarine is my birthstone, and I naturally gravitate to the light aqua colour - I love these pieces - either worn seperately or all three together.  I especially love the stud earings - these are definitely on my wish list!!!

Talking about stud earings, NOTHING is classier than a pair of diamon stud earings - every elegant, sophisticated woman should own a pair of these earings - They can be worn with everything from a demin shirt to a cocktail dress!  When I think about these earings, I automatically think 'timeless class'!!!

Another pair of classic, timeless earings are silver or gold hoop earings - they are usually worn with a more casual style - One thing that I've noticed about hoop earings, is that you really need to make sure that you get the right size for your style and face shape - some women need smaller, thicker hoops, while others look better in larger, thiner styles etc - Try on different hoops until you find the right ones for you!



Sometimes with jewellery, you need a real 'splash' of colour to bring out that special dress or help your face glow.  I find that cooler seasons look really elegant in blue, purple and red toned jewels, while people with warmer skintones suit jade, amber and citrin (yellow) jewels. 

Pearls are one of my absolute favourite statement pieces - they are the essence of class, sophsticated and elegance - I love everything from pearl drop earings to pearl studs to long dangling pearls that can be layered or tied in a knot at the front.  As with any other jewellery, pearls can suit both warm and cooler toned women - white, grey and pink toned pearls suit women with a cooler complexion, while cream toned and yellow based toned peals look fantastic on warmer skintones.  For those that believe in superstition, pearls bring luck but ONLY if you bought it for yourself.  If it is given as a gift, give the giver a penny for it, otherwise it can bring 'tears'!!!


I saved the best for last - one of my favourite things to wear is 'drop earings', especially if they are crystal drop earings or pearl drop earings - I think that drop earings frame the face and add just the right amount of 'bling' - I especially like the crystal drop earings because when the light hits them at the right angle, they really sparkle and bring a very regal quality to your look!

I hope that you enjoyed my little tribute to simple, elegant jewellery pieces - I only included a few of my favourites - they are the basic, must-haves of any classy woman!!!

No comments: