Monday, November 8, 2010

Fall/WInter Makeup Look

Lately I've been playing around with the cool shades of makeup and I wanted to create a soft, neutral based look for the 'cool winter' woman - I wanted to keep the eyes the main focus, but create more of a relaxed, classic look for fall and winter vs going for the full smokey eyed look - here is what I came up with:

Face:

I stuck with a very simple routine for the face - First, I used Loreal true match concealer in W4 - I then used Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer in 'Nude' - I love this tinted moisturizer because it contains SPF.  On my cheeks I went with a bit of a warmer shade just to create a little balance with the rest of the cool shades on my face - I used 'Melba' by MAC. 

Eyes:

There is nothing more elegant that creating that natural, neutral eye that is classic and sophisticated.  I used 'ricepaper' as my base and then added 'Satin Taupe' to the lip and blended it up into the crease.  I then used 'Print' to emphasize the crease and outter corners of my eyes.  I finished the look with black mascara and liner - all the products that I used were from MAC

Lips - I think that the perfect neutral lip needs to have some colour to it, so I used 'Soar' as a lipliner and 'Syrup' Lipstick (MAC of course!)

I love this look because its very versatile - its neutral enough so that you can wear it with any style or colour, and I remained true to my cool winter palette!!!

No comments: