Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cozy, Autumn Comfort Look

One of the things that I love the most about the upcoming Autumn the season is all the cozy, warm, comforting things that are on the way - warmer sweaters, cravings for hearty soups and stews, making apple crumble with friends, enjoying nature trails and starting to notice the leaves changing colour.  Its also a time when I like to play around with a warm, yet natural autumn makeup look.  Every person has a certain makeup product that they obsess about - for me, its lipstick.  However, I've noticed through the years that there are certain colours that I keep returning to over and over.  The #1 lipstick that I 'always' seem to come back to is 'Mocha' by MAC.  For me, this lipstick is 'comforting' and so its the perfect pick to create that cozy. comfy autumn look.  Not only does it bring a natural warmth to the table, its a 'comforting' colour for me - its like a trusted friend that I always seem to come back to and rely on!  Here is my 'Cozy, Autumn Comfort Look' - Hope you like it:




I took two photos of the same makeup look in two different rooms where I find I get the best natural lighting - I want the photos that I post to be really accurate of what the shades really look like.  Here is a list of the makeup that I used for this look:
                                                                                                                                                                       


Mineral Fusion Foundation in 'Warm'

NC 30 concealer - MAC

PYW blush in 'Hot and Spicy' as contour shade

#10 - gold Makeup For Ever shadow as highlight/base

Gingerly Blush - MAC

...Soba eyeshadow from lid to crease - MAC

Teddy eyeliner - MAC

Galapagos shadow smudged into upper lash liner - NARS

Zoom Lash mascara in Lofty Brown by MAC

Mocha lipstick MAC

No comments: