Thursday, September 3, 2015

Be The Change!!!


I think its time that I introduce you to one of my mentors - Kris Carr.  A few years ago, I got my hands on her book 'Crazy. Sexy Diet'.  At that time, I had heard a lot about vegetarianism, but I didn't think it was 'me' or that I could do it long term.  However, there is 'something' about Kris Carr that kept calling out to me - I loved how her skin glowed, how she took so many make-up free pictures and was always smiling - she has this angelic-hippie vibe.  I remember when I first got the book 'Crazy, Sexy Diet', there was a picture of Kris drinking her 'green juice' and everything about her lifestyle just called to me - simple, plant based, living on a sustainable farm in Woodstock - I'm smiling just thinking about how awesome it is to be aligned with your own energy in that way!


I've had the book 'Crazy Sexy Diet' for many years now and I always return to it.  It's my go-to nutrition and feel good guide.  I've made a few recipes from Kris' book, but I've also created my own.  When your eyes are opened to the truth about sustainable food and living (and mine were after watching 'Cowspiracy', you learn that the meat/dairy industry just can't sustain our human species on this planet - we'll destroy ourselves and the earth in the process.  In order to grow food for the cattle in slaughter houses, forests and natural ecosystems are being destroyed at a level like never before.  Returning to a plant based diet allows for our forests and ecosystems to flourish.  Cowspiracy was a huge wake up call for me and Kris Carr has been a leader is helping people transition to a plant based diet.  Her nutritional charts/meal plans and recipes make plant based living not just 'doable' for everyone, but you will feel amazing!!!  On Kris Carr's website, you can also download a 'Crazy, Sexy' Starter Kit for free - how awesome it that???

As you can see, the things that I value are really beginning to change at a very rapid pace, yet I feel the most at ease as I've ever been because I want to continue to live in a world where my mentors help inspire me to change and become my best self.  Materialist living based on buying the latest colours just doesn't do it for me anymore.  I need to think bigger than myself - I want to think bigger than myself and step into being an advocate for our earth.  I feel that this will perhaps change the nature of my blog - I hope to find and write about more sustainable cosmetic companies based on using plant based products!  Stay tuned for that!!!  However, I want to finish this post by asking each and every one of you:
What do YOU value?  Who are your mentors?  Is your lifestyle in alignment with your values???  Keep Glowing and Being of Service - Our Earth needs it!!!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I think this is a good direction to go. The older I get, the less stuff I want and simplifying my life is the goal. Mind you, I still like nice things, but I don't need a lot of them and I prefer to spend my money on experiences and quality products. I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but I believe that a healthy sustainable diet should be at least plant based with animal protein (if desired) as the side dish, not the main attraction. This is the type of diet that is prescribed in Dan Buettner's "The Blue Zones Solution." This diet seems to contribute to longevity and minimum health concerns as we age.