Sunday, June 5, 2016

Chanel Enigmatique #135

Chanel really makes beautiful shades of makeup.  I know that there are some people who don't like the price of Chanel makeup, especially since there are many cheaper drugstore/makeup company options.  However, there is something to be said about quality.  Chanel makeup is very high quality and you feel the difference every time you apply their products.  Enigmatique lipstick is a stunning raspberry neutral-red.  It's not a pink-red that is overly bright, but rather 'delicate'.  It's the first lipstick I've ever purchased that my own mom 'raved' about.  She usually just says that lipstick is lipstick, but she couldn't get enough of this colour on me.  That says a lot :)  I wanted to create a pretty everyday look using this shade.  I'm still suffering from allergies this spring/summer, so I'm not applying my regular concealer/foundation.  However, I've decided that perhaps it's time to find another tinted moisturizer, all in one product.  That being said, for this look I'm wearing Laura Mercier's violet orchid blush and a shadow/liner combination for the eyes.  The shadow I'm wearing is very similar to MAC Swish.  It's actually a Mary Kay tester, so I'm not sure of the exact name, but it reminds me so much of Swish.  For the eyeliner, I swiped on MAC Prussian (on the upper lash line only, and very lightly).  I finished with some black mascara by Estee Lauder.  For the lips, Chanel Enigmatique :)



Enigmatique is a very rich shade.  It definitely leans towards a cooler berry shade, but again, it's still quite neutral, which makes it 'perfect' for everyday!!!


No comments: