Friday, April 29, 2011

Elegant Royal Wedding!

Love was in the air today, as Kate and William celebrated their wedding day.  Kate was a vision of beauty today - she was absolutely 'Stunning' in her wedding gown, which was the essence of elegance and class.  The lace detail was spectacular and I loved seeing how she brought the expression 'Simplicity is Elegance' to life.  Nothing was over the top tacky - her makeup was flawless and natural, her hair was wavy and flowing and her natural charm and grace was never forced or over the top - Kate IS a true Royal!  Its true that a wedding is usually about the bride, but I have to say that William looked handsome and uber distinguished and deserves some recognition today as well!!!


Before I share my thoughts about the dress and Kate's beautiful makeup, its important to say that regardless of Kate and William's status - Today is still about two people who are in love coming together and sharing their vows before God - I wish them the best of love, health and happiness.  I hope that William and Kate become true examples of Royalty that work together to make this world a better place. I pray that their relationship blossoms and grows as their years together as a couple continue!!!  Congratulations to you both!!!!


Okay - now on to what eveyone has been talking about - that stunning, beautiful wedding dress designed by Sarah Burton for the House of Alexander McQueen.  One of the things that I admire about classy women is their ability to continually prove that simplicity is elegance - Kate has that girl next door look combined with a genuine intellect and sophisticated charm.  I 'loved' the lace detail on Kate's dress.  To be honest, I'm a fan of long sleeved wedding dresses with a sheer sleeve or lace sleeve - I think that thanks to Kate, many future brides will be adding this detail to their dresses!!!


I adored Kate's hair and makeup look.  I personally adore when brides keep their hair down with long, loose waves - it looks so elegant and romantic!!!  I was reading about Kate's makeup look to see if anyone posted anything about who did her makeup or what colours were used.  Its been rumoured that Kate had makeup lessons prior to the wedding date, so that she could do her own makeup and look fresh and natural.  She did the exact same thing for her engagement photos - she apparently had her makup done, didn't like it and re-did it so that she would look more natural.  I love that she feels more comfortable being herself - its part of her regal charm and sense of elegance. Its also been rumoured that Kate was wearing Bobbi Brown makeup products today - apparently she was spotted a few days ago purchasing makeup products from BB - I think that Kate has always stayed true to her Soft Summer Makeup Palette - she very often wears the taupey-grey's on her eyes with a coffee toned eyeliner.  Today she looked so fresh with the popular 'English Rose' shades on her cheeks and lips - the perfect soft pink-rose shade.  I also thought her earings were lovely - I love the idea of drop earings with diamonds - they were the perfect size and just enough bling to go with her elegant dress and makeup look - I loved everything about Kate's overall 'look' today.  Kate has always inspired me and I think that in the future she is going to become a true style icon for many women all over the world!!!


Its official - Kate is a true Royal - a stunning Duchess and a style icon!!!

2 comments:

sealaura said...

wasn't it lovely! I just can't get enough, I loved it all! Hope you have a great weekend. I am looking to catch up on my sleep.

Renata said...

It was truly an amazing wedding from start to finish and Kate really did shine as a classy, elegant bride!!! I hope you have a great weekend as well - its always nice to get caught up on much needed sleep!!!