Friday, April 22, 2011

Everyday Simplicity

A few months ago I decided to declutter my makeup bag - It was a very theraputic experience, getting rid of the products that were just 'sitting there' and taking up space.  Since I've started to feel comfortable with my natural and soft makeup look, I decided it was time to go through my makeup bag one last time to really simplify my look and decide once and for all what type of look I want to create for myself.  I want to stop 'spending' money on needless products and stick to my tried and true basics.  I've only made one recent purchase and its been on my wishlist for a while (Cosmo lipstick by MAC) - I decided to create a makeup look around it today, but before I post my picture, I want to share what is currently in my makeup bag:

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude
Loreal true match concealer in N4
Mocha Blush - MAC
Gentle mineralize blush - MAC
Loreal Voluminous mascara in carbon black
Lise Watier eyeliner in Charbon and MAC eyeliners: Prussian, PermaPlum, Earthline and Coffee
MAC eyeshadows: Quarry, Copperplate, Scene, Print, Concrete and Vex is on my wishlist as a highlight/base shade
Lipliners: Soar and Burgundy by MAC and Fig Lipiner - Estee Lauder
Lipsticks: YSL #9 (Rose Stilleto), Cosmo, Capricious, Partyline (MAC), Brownie Pink by Bobbi Brown and Baroque by Chanel
Gloss - YSL#9 (I'm not a gloss person at all, but this is a great shade and I love the quality and texture).

Cosmo listick my MAC is my most recent makeup purchase and I wanted to get it because it's been described as the perfect pinkish-brown shade, perfect for creating that natural, soft look that I've been craving lately.  Its such a stunning every-day colour:


For this look, I used LM tinted moisturizer in Nude and N concealer by Loreal.  I used Quarry eyeshadow on my lid into my crease and lined my eyes with Permaplum liner and used Copperplate to smudge into my upperlashline.  I used Mocha bush and lined my lips with Soar lipliner before finishing the look with Cosmo lipstick!

I think that simplicty really is elegance - its about not trying too hard and being happy with the things that work for you, while eliminating the things that just take up space in your life.  I'm really enjoying these neutral-cool based shades of makeup and I'm done with buying makeup for the sake of being trendy - I think I'm finally growing up and maturing into my own look!!!

No comments: