Saturday, April 2, 2011

The prettiest Rose...

Roses are the purest expression of happiness, joy, sweetness and everything that is pretty and feminine in this world.  I love the colour of rose - its the perfect balance of pink and blush:


Now that spring is approaching, I'm going through my makeup case looking for that perfect rose shade!  Here are a few of my favourites:




Yves Saint Laurent makes the most perfect shade of rose - #9 lipstick (Rose Stiletto) - This colour is the most lovely shade of rose that I've come across - I'm addicted to how creamy and satiny YSL lipstick feels on my lips!

YSL also makes a #9 lipgloss - it looks stunning on top of the #9 lipstick.  Annabelle makes a lipliner called 'Blush' - I can't wait to pair this gloss with 'Blush' lipliner for an evening look - I think the effect will be soft, feminine and romantic.


I'm not sure what this model is wearing, but it looks similar to the #9 gloss - I love how rose shades on the lips give just enough colour, while still being soft and feminine - I'm begining to adore 'rose' lips.



MAC makes a stunning soft plumy-rose shade called 'Capricious' - If you're looking for a rose colour, but want a sheer texture, this is perfect.  Capricious is such an elegant colour!!!



 I wanted to create a soft look with taupey-grey shades on the eyes, so I blended copperplate and print eyeshadows (MAC) and applied this mix to my lids and blended in into my crease as well.  I lined my eyes with Charbon eyeliner (Lise Watier) and used 'Copperplate' on an angled-brush and smudged it into the top lashline.  I used Mocha blush my MAC (a stunning soft plum-pink shade) and finished off the look with my favourite Rose-toned lipcolour YSL #9

This spring, surround yourself with the colour of pink roses - you will instantly feel happiner and more feminine!!!

No comments: