Monday, March 12, 2012

NARS Albatros

I've been on the look out for a highlight that has that gold element without looking too 'over the top' for day!  I did some research on-line and came across MAC's 'Soft and Gentle' Mineralize powder, so I decided to go to MAC and check it out - I liked that it was a more natural highligh shade, but it was missing that 'gold' element that I wanted.  I use MAC's Gold Deposit mineralize powder almost everyday and I wanted something to compliment this shade - on its own, Gold Deposit is too dark for a highlight against my skin, but I love wearing it as a powder shade - its perfect against my golden beige skintone!  Disapointed that Soft and Gentle was lacking the gold I wanted, I went with a friend to the NARS counter at The Bay and she pointed out the Albatros powder - in the pan, it looked borning and like a plain off white shade, but as soon as I swiped it, all this 'gold' appeared and it turned out to be 'exactly' what I was looking for!!!  I decided to play around with the shade in the store and then took a few pics - I'm trying not to 'impulse' buy any more makeup, but this is definitely going on my wishlist!



For this look I started with NARS St. Moritz tinted moisturizer, Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage #4 as a concealer, Gold Deposit Powder - I then used MAC's Refined Golden Bronzer as a contour, NARS Albatros as a highlight and Make Up For Ever #54 as a blush (with NARS Taj Mahal as a pop of colour).  For the eyes I used Arena as a base and Romp from the lid into the crease (both MAC) - I then applied Laura Mercier's Brown-Copper eyeliner and finished with a basic black mascara.  On my lips, I'm wearing Spice Lipliner and my 'holy grail' Strength lipstick (both MAC)!  This is one of my all time favourite looks and using the Albatros as a highlight has made a huge difference - so far, its the best highlight shade I've come across!!!  Anyone with a warm skintone will look amazing in this highlight!!!

No comments: