Saturday, March 24, 2012

Taj Mahal by NARS

I've blogged about Taj Mahal in the past, but lately I've been playing around with using this blush shade on my lips and most recently (based on a FB recommendation) on top of my eyeshadow as well - I love finiding products that are versatile and add the perfect pop of colour!




For this look I started with my basic St. Moritz tinted moisturizer by NARS, Secret Camouflage #4 as concealer, MAC's Gold Deposit as a powder.  I then used MAC's Refined Golden bronzer as a contour and Pari's precious glow highlighter and Taj Mahal blush.  I then decided to apply taj mahal over romp eyeshadow by MAC (on the lid into the crease).  I lined my eyes with MAC's Teddy and then used NARS Galapagos to smudge the upper lash line.  I applied Spice lipliner by MAC to my lips, dabbed on Taj Mahal blush to the lips and then used Rimmel's Bronze Ambition lipgloss!

Here is the same makeup but without flash and taken in natural day light:



 
I have to thank the ladies on FB who are true autumns themselves and inspired this look based on a recent discussion about blush shades.  Orange also seems to be a hot colour for spring and summer this year, if your looking to add a little orange into your makeup, check out Taj Mahal blush by NARS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think your blush would look better if you put it higher up (or, not as far down towards the jawbone) and applied it with a lighter hand. :)