1) A Warm Ivory/Cream toned White Shirt - Since my colour palette is on the warm side (True Autumn) and most of my staples are now centred around warm toned neutrals (i.e. brown, camel, rust, mahogany etc), I still want to include the idea of a classic 'white' shirt, but in my 'best' white. In order for my wardrobe to work together and in harmony with each essential piece that I bring in, a warm cream toned shirt would be the perfect addition to pair with a pencil skirt of a pair of pants!
2) L'B'D - A Little 'Brown' Dress - The little black dress is considered by many to be the most versatile and important element within a wardrobe - it can be played up with accessories or made to look very professional with the right blazer or even more casual with a nice scarf and ballet flats. However, why now really make an impression and wear your best 'black' shade! For me, this colour would be a dark brown. There are so many amazing deep brown tones available - be in a rich rust tone, a mahogany brown, a dark chocolate brown, a deep golden brown, even a bronzed brown - the possibilities are endless! To maximize the effect of my colour palette, a little 'brown' dress would be the perfect addition!!!
3) An Autumn Inspired Trench Coat - I've always liked the idea of owning a classic trench coat in an elegant colour. I find that the warm shades of warm khaki, olive-bronze, golden yellow-brown and/or caramel-yellow-brown are perfect to create harmony and a versatile look with the colours I always have in my wardrobe. I'm definitely going to keep my eyes out for a timeless and classic trench in one of these shades!!!
4) Pencil Skirts - If there is one skirt I could wear for the rest of my life, it would be the pencil skirt - I find that my body frame always looks sleek and classic in this type of skirt. I own a few black pencil skirts which I intend to keep, but I'd also love a pencil skirt in a colour that would work well with the other shades in my wardrobe - once again, that deep chocolate brown or yellow toned brown would be perfect!!!
5) I would love to own a warm light yellowed-cream dress - This colour is hard to come by, but I think it would look so elegant with gold jewelery or even with a pair of warm ivory pearls. There is something so elegant and rich looking about this shade of off-white.
Learning what your style type is, knowing your best colours and embracing your body type are all so essential when beginning to put together a wardrobe. Black and White may be safe options for some, but not everyone suits a stark white or deep, dark black shade. As Suzanne from 'Your Shop Girl' said, why look good when you can look great? Why wear a little black dress when a little 'brown' dress would make you glow from the inside out? Why sport a pure white shirt, when a cream toned white would make you look younger, fresher and more professional??? I'm hoping to really keep my eyes open for these items and I can't wait to add them one by one into my wardrobe!!!