Saturday, October 17, 2015

MAC Dubonnet

Dubonnet is a beautiful, rich wine red!  It's currently my favourite lipstick.  I re-discovered it while searching for a deep autumn red shade.  I couldn't resist picking it up.  When I researched the shade even more, I was happy to discover that it fits both the deep autumn and winter palettes.  I've been enjoying the deep autumn palette and really love that this is a shade I can carry over into the winter months as well.  I think this is going to be my 'go-to' shade this year!



I decided to create a look that showcases how 'chic' Dubonnet can be.  I think a black scarf with gleams of gold is perfect to show how stunning Dubbonet is as a red.  It also works very well with the teal sweater underneath.  I kept the rest of my makeup warm, yet neutral.  I applied Patina eyeshadow on the lid into the crease, used Coffee eyeliner (both MAC) and then applied Arbonne black mascara.  I then applied NARS Madly blush, which is a perfect shade to pair with Dubonnet, as both are neutral-warm shades.  For an even more glam look, you can also use a black eyeliner and add a gold shimmer shade to the lid of the eye.  To take Dubonnet even more into the red family, you can always pair it with various red liners: MAC cherry, auburn, he said/she said etc.  Dubonnet truly is the most versatile red - simply stunning :)




No comments: