Sunday, September 18, 2011

NARS Heat Wave

I honestly think that every woman needs to own this lipcolour because its literally 'POWER' in a tube.  It seems to be a favourite amoung the celebs and those in the fashion world.  Its everything that the shy girl would stay away from - bright, orange-red, show-stopping, completely in your face and uber sexy!  I wanted to work with the brightness of this shade, so I picked an equally bright eyeliner 'Indigo' by MAC to line my eyes with a light wash of amber shadow:


I was playing around with various shades at sephora today and I honestly can't remember what eyeshadow I put on - I think it was an amber shade from Shisedo, it was definitely in the amber/bronze family (I used this shade in my crease and into my lid).  As mentioned above, I used MAC's Indigo eyeliner on the top and bottom and simply smudged the upper lashline with a q-tip.  On my cheeks, I'm wearing Madly blush by NARS with Smashbox's Flamenco in the centre as a pop of colour.  The show stopper of course is the lips - NARS Heat Wave!!!
After my little makeup 'play-time' at Sephora, I continued my shopping, only to be stoped by numerous people who asked me what lipstick I was wearing.  I also walked into a department store that also sells NARS products and the Makeup Artist asked if I was wearing 'Jungle Red' - I said no 'Heat Wave' - she said that Heat Wave is one of the most interesting shades because it looks so different on everyone - on some people, its more red, on others more orange etc - Regardless, its a great colour that won me many compliments today - its a keeper in my books!!!

No comments: