Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dazzling Metallics

Now that autumn is here, I'm really enjoying playing around with the warmer shades, especially warm amber and gold eyeshadows.  I recently discovered Cover Girls 'Dazzling Metallics' eye trio.  The shades included are an orange-rust shade, a metallic charcoal shade and a yellow-gold shade:


I wanted to create a look that was very warm and would compliment these eyeshadows.  I particularily like the orange-rust shade and I wanted to use warm peaches and rusts to really work the autumn-like shades.  Here is what I came up with.  I went with a defined eye and a softer peach lip:



I recently got my hair done and had butterscotch highlights put in with a warm chestnut base - I think the colour really adds and works with the warm tones I'm wearing.  I started the look my mixing NARS orgasm illuminator with my HD foundation.  I then used the rust tone in the cover girl trio and added it to my brows.  I used the yellow-gold shade as a base and then used the rust again on my lids into my crease.  I used MAC's amber lights in the inner corners of the eye and into the lid and then used a golden brown shade (that I found in a lancome quad that was a gift with purchase) in the crease and outer corners.  I lined my eyes with MAC's Smolder eyeliner and then used the charcoal shade in the Cover girl trio to smudge into the upper lashline.  I used my favourite Dior-show mascara in black.  On my cheeks I used FACES blush (in an orange rust shade) and then applied NARS Exhibit A as a pop of colour.  I balanced out the look by using Bronzelle lipliner and NARS Barbarella lipstick!!!

I'm really liking this look on me - the warm colours are speaking to me again!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love the change up to your eyeshadow :). Very, very pretty!

Renata said...

THanks so much Kimberly - I think that before when I was wearing the cooler grey shades, it made my eyes look too gray and ashy - the warmer shades bring out the clear green and blue tones in my eyes. I'm loving these warmer shades right now!!!