Saturday, July 18, 2015

Summer Glow

One thing I love about the summer is how I'm able to get that 'golden glow' from the sun.  I have the type of skin tone that literally tans instantly - I tend to go golden and bronze.  I wanted to create a makeup look that is perfect for those summer casual days that lets your skin breath and take centre stage.  I thought about the colour 'bronze' and what other colours are in harmony with this shade - golden browns, corals and light beige all came to mind:


I started this look with a golden beige toned concealer and tinted moisturizer.  I like the laura mercier tinted moisturizer because it has SPF in it and it's a sheer wash of colour, so your natural skin tone still takes centre stage.  I applied MAC Trace of Gold blush onto the cheeks and also used it as an eyeshadow.  I used MAC teddy liner and then smudged it with a gold shade from the too faced natural eyes palette.  I finished off the natural eye look with black mascara (two coats).  For the lipstick, I decided to create a soft coral lip, so I blended two lipsticks - MAC Costa Chic with Honeylove.  I absolutely adore this combination.  It I wanted a swipe and go look, I'd apply the NudeStix 'Soul' - I'm currently obsessed with their products.  

No comments: