Saturday, July 25, 2015

Summer Night Look

Summer makeup is light and fresh and I love pops of colour for summer.  I especially like makeup for summer evenings - I find that the best summer night look is slightly iridescent, slightly warm, yet very natural and 'fresh'.  I created a look that incorporated all these elements and I loved the end result.


I started with just a basic concealer and Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in Sand.  I created the iridescent look, by using colour products that have a natural sheen to them.  I used amber lights eyeshadow on the lid into the crease, then used teddy liner and smudged the upper lash line with a mix of cork and espresso shadows.  I used cork in the crease/outer corners of the eyes as well (all MAC products).  The amber lights and teddy both have a touch of shimmer, so they really 'shine' naturally and nicely when the light hits your face.  I rediscovered a blush colour that I really like - it's petal power blush by MAC.  In the container it looks like a bright coral pink with shimmer.  However, it applies as a sheer pink-coral with a beautiful shimmer effect.  It's the perfect summer night or summer garden party blush.  For the lips, I wanted to create the effect of natural warmth.  I decided to apply Boldly Bare lipliner and fill in my lips with this shade.  I then applied Strength lipstick over top - both MAC.  I really love this look!!!  It's also the perfect summer into fall cross over look - I look forward to creating this look again!!! :)

No comments: