Friday, July 31, 2015

Polished Up Lipstick by MAC

It's all about the brown tones these days!  I've rediscovered by love for the warm, rich brown and gold hues.  I've been incorporating them with splashes of pink and aubergine and I think it creates a lovely look.  I recently went into the MAC store to get my free lippie for the back to MAC program!  I wanted a day version of the shade Paramount (which is a deeper brownish red and currently my go to evening shade).  The makeup artist helped me pick up a shade called 'Polished Up' - I now addicted to this colour - and what I love about it is that name is true to the lipstick - it really is the perfect 'Polished Up' day look.  It's going to be perfect for when I go back to work and it's neutral enough to wear with almost anything.  I guess you can call it the perfect everyday chic lipstick.  Here is a new look I created:



I used just a touch of concealer and tinted moisturizer and I wanted my tan to take centre stage.  I love the golden look of a tan, so why hide it!  My current go to blush is Oasis by MAC and it goes perfectly with the other neutral tones that I picked for this look and it warm enough to compliment the warm tones I used as well.  For the eyes, I applied MAC Goldmine eyeshadow from the lid slightly into the crease.  I used Coffee eyeliner on the top and bottom lash-line.  I blended MAC Sketch and Deep Damson on my angular eyeshadow brush and smudged it into the upper lash line before finishing with two coats of black mascara (I'm currently using Dior).  Finally, I applied Polished Up Lipstick by MAC - I find this look so harmonious, neutral and classic!!! Perfect for day and day into night!!! :)

No comments: