Monday, February 15, 2016

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine Sculpting Shine Lipstick - #140 Fairest

I have to admit that when it comes to makeup, I have seriously overlooked Estee Lauder.  I think I get into a makeup comfort zone and its hard for me to step out of it.  I was looking for the perfect nude/natural colour and I think I finally found it.  It's similar to the colour I created in my previous Olivia Palermo post, but the texture is simply 'perfect'.  I'm not usually a gloss, shine girl, but the Estee Lauder Color Envy Shine Lipstick is more like a pearlized, cream lipstick that is soft, yet perfectly textured as an everyday lip colour.  I was sad to discover that the lipstick Blonde Venus by NARS was discontinued.  However,  Estee Lauder's shade 'Fairest' is a very close match.  In fact, it is the BEST 'my lips but better' shade.  It literally is just a perfect shade to match my natural lip colour



I wanted this look to be natural and mimic the look that is classic of Estee Lauder.  I've noticed that the Estee Lauder makeup ads are usually very natural and classic.  I used a basic golden beige concealer and foundation shade.  My blush of choice was NARS Liberte.  It's described as a burnished apricot and just goes so well with this look.  On the eyes, I mixed arena and woodwinked eyeshadows by MAC and applied this to the lid and into the crease.  I then used Laura Mercier Brown Copper eyeliner and smudged the upper lash line with MAC Brun eyeshadow before finishing with black mascara.  For the lips, I used the Estee Lauder 'Fairest' lipstick shade in the Pure Color Envy Shine Collection.  I am truly very, very happy with this look as one of my best 'everyday natural' looks.   







No comments: