Sunday, February 28, 2016

Cool meets Warm

I wanted to combine two of my favourite palettes and colours.  I recently came across an eyeliner that a friend of mine got for me from Europe.   It's from a company called Astor (from Germany) and the shade is called 'Effect Grey'.  I have to admit that at first I was hesitant to try it because I was afraid it would be 'too cool' and go against my warm autumn palette.  However, I was pleasantly surprised to see how well this shade is working for me.  My eye colour is not typical for a warm season.  In fact, most people that see 'just' my eye colour, would think that I'm a Soft Summer season or a deep soft summer.  However, I don't suit the soft summer pinks and neutral foundation/blush shades.  I decided, why not use the grey liner and combine it with other warm autumn shades:




The peach part of this look is the blush and lipstick.  I know that in this photo my lips look 'pink', but I have a very pigmented natural lip colour and the pearl-esque effect of this lipstick morphs to match the overtone of my lip shade.  I used Estee Lauder Tiramisu lipstick, which for me is my absolute favourite everyday 'neutral/nude'.  My blush is Estee Lauder Hot Sienna (most definitely a warm toned blush) and my hair colour is a golden brown with copper-cinnamon shades.  One of the reasons that I'm not a cool is that I look horrible with ash tones in my hair.  I need a brunette base with added warmth.  I have to admit that there is something about the metallic grey that works really well against my eye colour.  Perhaps it beings out the cooler grey tones in my eyes.  I do really love this look and since it's such a mix of cool and warm, I'm not going to try to define it, but simply enjoy the look and how versatile it is :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would be surprised, I think, because there is a whole lot more than pinks in Soft Summer palettes and many contain considerable warmth since SS is Summer blending with Autumn; surprisingly, there are also colors that one would believe should be in Winter as well since they are very saturated colors. Relating to this post, I wanted to mention also that gray is one of the top recommended colors for SS eyeliner as well and you look beautiful here!

Renata said...

This is great to know - thank you! I really like the SSum palette!