Sunday, May 1, 2011

Kate Inspired Make-up Part 2

I decided to try another Kate Middleton makeup inspired look - I wanted to try a more neutral palette on the eye with a nude-mauvish lip (I received some great feedback from my last post and I wanted to play around with the 'Kate' look a little bit more).  I really like this makeup and I think this is a 'keeper' as a great everyday soft-neutral look:




For this Kate inspired look I started with Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer in Nude and Loreals N4 concealer.  I blended Mocha with a bronzer to create a soft neutral soft plum blush.  For the eyes, I started with a soft beige base (I used the lightest shade in the cover girl 'Urban Basics' palette).  I then blended MAC's Charcoal Brown and Concrete before applying this shade from the lid into the crease.  I lined my eyes with Coffee and blended Brun into the top lashline (I also used Brun on my brows).  I had to be a bit creative in inventing a pretty nude-mauvish shade, so I started with Fig lipiner by Estee Lauder and then blended NARS Blonde Venus with MAC's 'Faux' lipstick and applied that shade over the lipliner. 

I hope that you've enjoyed my Kate inspired makeup experiements - Its been fun playing around with the neutral shades and I've discovered that I 'love' the Blonde Venus + Faux lipstick combination for the lips!!!

5 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

I love this look-it's very natural and perfect for day!

Carly said...

Great! I love it... it's very natural, yet beautifully flattering.

Renata said...

Thanks so much for the compliments! Carly, you inspired me to try these shades so thank you for the suggestions!!!

Gina said...

I love that you mix cosmetics from department stores, Sephora, and the drug store! Thank you for the inspiration.

Rachel said...

LOVE the Kate posts! She is so elegant and gorgeous. Definitely one of my new style icons. :)