Tuesday, December 15, 2015

5 product, 10 minute makeup look

One thing that I've noticed since discovering my best colour palette, is just how fast and simplistic my makeup routine has become.  It literally takes me 5-10 minutes to put a look together and I use and need less makeup products than ever before.  Right now, I basically just use: concealer, foundation or tinted moisturizer, blush (which acts as an eyeshadow as well), mascara and lipstick.  Today I created a look just using the products listed.  I started with L'Oreal true match concealer and foundation in W4-5 and then applied MAC Peaches blush (using this shade as an eyeshadow as well).  I finished the look with mascara and a swipe of Revlon's Really Red lipstick:





I really like knowing that I can put together a look that is effortless but still looks chic.  With the right colours, it's so easy to get it right.  The colours do all the work for you :)  Looking back at some of my previous makeup looks from years ago, I can't believe how much makeup I used to wear, especially near the eyes.  I feel that I no longer thick eyeliner and the minimal look is so much fresher and cleaner.  Simplicity truly is elegance!!!

No comments: