Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Holiday Pink

I felt like I had to write a second tribute to MAC Twig lipstick, as it's truly becoming my favourite 'pink' shade of lipstick.  I think that when people think of pink, they don't necessary think of this shade, or of the Holiday's for that matter, but for me, its 'perfect'!


Let me start off by saying that I'm 'not' a pink girl.  I don't particularly suit pink, as I'm a warm autumn and I'd much rather veer into the brownish-orange shades.  However, I do like Twig lipstick by MAC.  Twig is definitely a brownish-pink and it's the 'only' pink I can wear successfully.  I love my tried and true warm autumn shades, but every once and I while, I crave change and Twig is a refreshing pink.  It says pink without saying 'PINK'.  This Holiday season I'm going to a lot of day Christmas lunches and get together's.  Wearing a festive red during the day is nice, but I find this shade perfect for lunches or a brunch.  It's also a shade that works with almost everything I have.  Many of my chicer outfits are still black/navy - until I get my warm autumn wardrobe working for me in full force, I really want an elegant cross-over shade - Twig is perfect!

I decided to create a neutral look for today's lunch outing.  I used a peach toned blush by NYX, amber lights on the lid, black liner smudged with espresso shadow and black mascara.  I applied Twig twice to really layer on the colour!  I have to say that this look is one of my favourites so far because its so versatile.  You can wear this look to any occasion and in any weather/season.  It's my new neutral-pink perfection look :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Renata said...

Thank you so much!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I thought this WAS a cool berry toned lippie....and I
t looks very pretty on you!