Saturday, January 23, 2016

Amber Marries Teal

I had a lot of fun putting together this look because it's a true hybrid of the warm autumn palette and the marine palette.  I wanted to create a look with 'warmth' as the number one feature, but add in a touch of the sea green colours that are so apparent in my eyes:


For this look, I started with my basic golden-beige foundation and concealer (Loreal true match in W 4).  I then decided to mix MAC amber lights with steamy eyeshadow - I applied this mix to the lid.  I then used amber lights on its own in the crease.  My eyeliner of choice today was MAC Tarnish, which is smudged out slightly on the upper lash line before finishing with a few coats of black mascara.  For my blush, I first applied NARS madly and then used MAC Peaches as a pop of colour on the cheeks.  For the lips, I used Bronzelle lipliner by Lancome and then applied Kat Von D lipstick in Solo.  I really like this look - it has all the elements of the sea greens without being over-powering. Amber and teal are definitely a good marriage!



No comments: