Friday, January 1, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2016 - Welcome!!!  I am so excited for this new year!  I have a strong feeling that 2016 is going to be filled with amazing new adventures and opportunities.  I've decided that for me, personally, 2016 is going to be about change, renewal, letting go of the old and creating simplicity.  I wanted to create a look today (New Years Day) that represents the essence of minimal simplicity, combined with classic elegance.  I would love to have the confidence and determination to stick with just ONE signature look for every day/event.  Perhaps this is the year for that - to declutter everything in my life and just embrace one look that is authentically 'me'.  I don't know if I'm there yet, but this is definitely the year to move closer to that direction - less experimentation, more 'contentment' and self-confidence in myself to carry off that 'je ne sais quois', signature style!!!  This is my start:


For this look, I decided to put together some very 'classic' shades - I tried to encorperate shades from my warm autumn palette, but also wear them in such a way that I can put on a classic black and white top and still create a certain colour harmony!  I've realized that I love wearing classic black shades with simple pearl or diamon stud earrings.  However, I want to also wearing makeup in my own personalized colours - from the warm autumn palette.  For this look I used the W4/5 true match concealer and foundation from L'Oreal as a base.  I then applied MAC Patina eyeshadow on the lid only and swiped on two coats of Arbonne black mascara.  I recently decided to purchase the NARS cult classic 'Orgasm' blush.  I absolutely 'love' this shade, perhaps even more than my MAC Peaches blush (well, it's a tie at least!).  Finally, I decided to try a new lipstick shade from NARS as well - Dressed to Kill'.  I discovered this shade on a pinterest and immedietly fell in love.  I was worried that it would be too pink/cool, but its actually a beautiful compliment to the warm autumn palette, as it has enough gold in it to harmonize well with the palette :)

I'm very excited for 2016 - I'm excited to start creating a new pathway for this blog - based on reliable beauty tips and tips/tricks I've learned along my makeup journey :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

happy new year! What a lovely image. Wishing you all the best for 2016!

Renata said...

Thank you Amy!!! Same to you - Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for your blog, very inspiring and informative. :)

xoxo