Sunday, January 31, 2016

Reminiscing - Chanel, Paris, Soul-Growth

I officially have an obsession with Chanel red lipsticks.  I know this because I spent most of last night on Pinterest simply in AWE of the beautiful Chanel looks.  Chanel really did leave a legacy that is comparable to none.  One of the things that I noticed while checking out Chanel Pinterest looks is all the quotes that Chanel herself spoke.  They are filled with confidence, answering to no-one's definition of who you should be.  I think that when it comes to a Chanel red lip, it's more than just a 'lipstick' - its an 'essence' of being comfortable in your own skin and owning your power.  I know that may sound like a lot of 'word nonsense', but it's completely true.  When I was in Paris a few years ago, I got to sit on the steps inside of the House of Chanel.  I can't explain it fully, but I really felt that Chanel was there.  Today I came across that photo again and my soul literally spoke: "don't forget that girl sitting on the steps - she's more powerful than you know".  Rediscovering Chanel at this point in my life is so much more than just makeup, style, beauty etc, it's 'soul growth' - it's a confirmation that I'm headed in the right direction and that I own no-one an apology for being myself!!!

Here is a link to my post about being at the House of Chanel in 2013

http://renata-beautyandelegance.blogspot.ca/2013/07/paris-and-house-of-chanel-part-1-of-many.html


And here I am today, still in love with Chanel and still understanding that my Paris experience truly was and is a catalyst for growth:



For this look, it's all about creating the statement red lip.  I used MAC products for my eyes and cheeks, as they are currently what I use most in my makeup bag: I blended Patina and Club and combined this combination on the lid and then used Arena shadow in the crease.  I used Trace Gold and a touch of Peaches blush in the centre of cheeks.  One of my favourite Chanel blushes was discontinued - Frivole :( - Peaches is a close match, as well as NARS Gina blush!  The magic of Chanel definitely comes in with the lip shade - Passion #104 




2 comments:

Unknown said...

a lovely and glowing picture!

Renata said...

Thank you so much Amy!!! :)