Saturday, December 17, 2011

NARS Joyous Red Lipstick

NARS Joyous Red is part of the new Holiday Collection.  Its a limited edition colour and its perfect for an everyday 'tis the season look.  Although its described as a 'red', it seems more like a 'deeper neutral' shade.  Compared to a classic true red, its much more muted, warm and and orange-peach based.  I haven't decided I want to go back to Sephora and pick one up - I just tried it on and then snapped a few photo so I could do a little review and show you the colour:


For this makeup look I started with Loreal True Match Foundation in W5.  I then used Bobbi Brown's concealer in Warm Beige and applied MAC's Gold Deposit as a powder.  I used Strength lipstick by MAC on my cheeks as a cream blush and then applied Laura Mercier's Spiced Cider and Pretty Your World's 'Orgasmic' blush as a pop of colour.  For my eyes, I started with NARS Silent Night, used MAC's Soba on my lid into the crease and then applied Teddy and smudged the upper lash line with NARS Bengali eyeshadow.  I finished the look with NARS Joyous Red Lipstick!!!

If you're looking for a nice holiday lipstick that doesn't scream red and is one level above a neutral lip, I think this lipstick would be ideal for you.  The only thing that I dislike about this lipstick is that its a 'limited edition' colour!  I hesitate to buy limited additions because I'm always afraid that I'm going to fall in love with that colour and then not be able to buy it again!!! 

No comments: