Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The 'softer' side of True Autumn - Part 2

I thought it would be fun to compare this softer True Autumn look with the Soft Summer look to see the difference.

Here I am with Soft Summer makeup (The one thing that I 'always' notice about the Soft Summer shades is how much the grey eyeshadows dull my eyes - In the first photo I notice that the pink of the blush really stands out vs blending into my skintone - the makeup seems too 'obvious'.  In the second photo I'm wearing 'earthline' eyeliner, which is recommended for Soft Summers and the effect is complete 'dullness'):







Here I am trying the Soft Autumn shades (these are much better than the Soft Summer shades and some of these are probably cross over shades into the TA palette, but there still seems to be that 'golden' element that is missing):






And finally, here is the softer side of True Autumn:


I think that these photos really show how the warmth and golden tones of the TA palette are a key component to adding that healthy glow to my skintone.  Harmony is definitely present here - the look seemes complete, natural and soft.  With the soft palettes, there is a dullness and something is missing - when I look at the golden element in these TA photos, I see that warmth truely is essential for me!!!

4 comments:

Jeanine Byers said...

I agree! Warmth ~ you need warmth. Though you obviously know how to make the other looks "work," I think golden warmth is better.

Ranger said...

I think what I notice most with the TA is the spark in your eyes. They're far more intense and lit up, and you look far less obviously made up. Lovely.

wingsdesired said...

Thank you so much for posting these kind of articles! Now I've discovered I'm a "Cool Winter". I suppose that's why orange and warm yellow never worked on me.

All the best! :)

Renata said...

THanks so much Jeanine and Ranger! I appreciate the feedback!
Malissa - CW is a great palette - if you search my earlier posts when I was playing around with CW,you may find some makeup suggestions and looks to play around with. Coygirl blush by MAC is a perfect CW shade that one of my FB buddies really likes!!!