Sunday, May 24, 2015

Ash Toned Highlights and a NEW Look :)

I had an opportunity to re-invent myself at my stylist's house this past weekend.  We were going over the idea of creating a signature style/look - something that I can keep and build on.  She explained it as building a wardrobe base, but with hair.  Since I'm in my later 30's, I have a lot of natural grey coming in.  We looked at my roots and in the grey tones in my hair in particular and decided that 'ash' tones were the way to go.  My natural grey is almost 'white' vs salt/pepper so going towards the 'cooler' tones was her suggestion.  This gives my 'colour journey' more direction, which is great because now I can really create a base palette using my new hair colour, my natural colour palette and wardrobe base.  It seems lately that the taupes, pinks, greys and navy shades are really working for me!!!  Here is my new hair/makeup 'look':

I started with my basic face essentials - concealer, tinted moisturizer.  I used MAC Gentle blush, the taupe shade from the Almay 'Blue eyes' eyeshadow trio, Annabelle's Taupe liner and smudged NARS Lhasa into the upper lash line.  I then lined my lips with Whirl lipliner and applied Plink Lipstick (both MAC) - I'm 'really' liking this look - I see a lot of colour harmony, which is exactly what a rich/natural look is all about!!! I'm excited to embrace the ash tones and continue to build on my new colour palette :)

No comments: