Friday, June 26, 2015

Chic Look For Work

I've been giving a lot of thought lately to what type of makeup is work appropriate.  I tried the natural look, the nude lip for day look etc, but I've come to appreciate and understand that one of the things that lifts me up during the day is wearing a chic red lip.  It's going to sound weird, but it makes we work harder!  I believe strongly that how you look and feel really influences your work ethic!  When you're not feeling well, you don't give things 100%.  However, when you feel 'fantastic', you want to work hard and be your best.  I created a look that I think is chic, work-appropriate and makes me feel 'fantastic':


This look is very classic, goes with everything in my wardrobe and it takes literally 5 minutes to put together!  I started with the MAC concealer palette and Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer!  I always put concealer on my eyelids too, as it acts as a shadow and liner primer   Next, I used Coffee eyeliner by MAC - I applied it to the top lash line, only lining the outer corners and also on the lower lash line.  I then used my finger to smudge out the upper lash line.  I wanted to keep it very simple and fresh, so no eyeshadow.  I went with Coffee because it's the most superb deep brown liner.  Black liner is slightly too harsh for this work-day look, although I think I would pop it in my purse to use for evening if I was going to an after work event.  For the blush, I used my absolute current favourite 'Sin' by NARS.  Once again, its a colour that goes with everything.  For the lips, nothing makes me feel more alive and confident then a 'red lip'.  However, a bright true red can be a little too much for work, so I used Mahogany lipliner by MAC and layered YSL #1 Le Rouge lipstick on top.  Mahogany lipliner gives the red a slight deep drown tone, which shifts the colour into a neutral-red tone!  I think there are three key elements to creating an elegant and fabulous day look:

1) The colours and tones go with everything - they are neutral enough to wear with practically everything you own
2) The look is simple and classic - a swipe of liner, a touch of mascara, a classic red lip - no extra fussing, no additional shadows and highlights etc etc - simplicity is elegence!
3) You feel 'amazing' - you can walk around and feel like "I've got this" no matter what situation you're facing - you're not afraid to be the best you can be!

Hope that you enjoyed this post!  I'm going to rock this look today :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The green top looks more like a Spring's green. It pops a little too much with your coloring IMHO. Of course, you look marvelous nevertheless, lol.... Just giving you input on your colors. Hope that is ok.