Saturday, June 27, 2015

Burt's Bees Rhubarb Lip Shimmer

I've been hearing a lot about this shade from many people, so I decided to give it a try!  I thought this shade would be much more sheer, but in fact, it gives you a lot of colour :)  Rhubarb is definitely a deep pink-red, but more neutral vs leaning too cool or warm!  The best part about this product is that it's from Burt's Bees, so you get that tingly, moist and healthy feel to your lips!

I wanted to create a classic look this morning.  I applied by usual base of concealer and tinted moisturizer,  Then for the eyes, I wanted something simple yet classic.  I went with a sheer white eyeshadow shade by Make Up For Ever (Dimond Shimmer).  I then used Smolder eyeliner by MAC and applied it to the top 3/4 of the upper lash line and fully to the bottom lash line.  I then used my finger to smudge out the top liner.  When it blends into the white shadow it creates a nice value of colour of black, grey and then the white - its actually a very cool effect!  I finished with black mascara!  I used Sin blush my NARS and then applied the Rhubarb lip Shimmer!!! :)


No comments: