Monday, November 9, 2015

I Have a Favourite Lipstick

Wow - who knew that this day would come?  Since I've started this blog, I've been on a search to find my best colours and my best lipstick shade.  Now, I'm excited to say, I've found BOTH!!!  For those who haven't followed my last few posts, I was recently analyzed under the 16 seasonal colour types as a WARM AUTUMN.  Jelena Heger who lives in Stoney Creek, Ontario did the colour analysis and I was so blessed to have her figure out my best/custom palette.  Now that I've had a chance to really look at my palette and study it a bit, I've realized that the reds with a brownish undertone or 'Mahogany' shades are truly amazing on me!  I've been swatching various lipstick shades and in my last post, I wrote about Leslie Lipstick by NARS and how it matches the natural red tones found within my skin/body.  Since wearing this shade, I've been receiving so many compliments and I have that 'inner-knowing' that this colour is truly that signature shade that I've been looking for.  That doesn't mean that I'm not going to wear other colours or create other looks, it just means that I've found my no-fail, go-to colour.  It's also a colour and look that I 'LOVE' - what can be better than loving your best colour:


For this look, featuring 'Leslie' lipstick by NARS, I kept the rest of my makeup fresh and natural.  I'm wearing Soba eyeshadow on the lid (MAC) and Coppertone blush (also MAC) - I applied a coat or two of mascara and my lipstick - Voila - a perfect classic, elegant look!!! :)

No comments: