Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Warm TRUE Red Lip

My fascination with the Warm Autumn reds is in 'full swing' as I'm experimenting with some new and old/trusted lipsticks.  One lipstick that I was uber excited to begin wearing again is the YSL Le-Rouge #1.  I adore this lipstick!  One of the reasons that I love it so much is not just the colour, but that I was introduced to it in Paris.  In fact, a YSL makeup artist at the Gallery Lafayette recommended it to me as my best true red.  It's interesting to me that it's the perfect match to the reds in my Warm Autumn palette!!!  The Parisians know their red lipstick!!!

Here I am wearing the YSL #1 Le Rouge:





One thing that I really love about the YSL lipstick is just how silky they feel against the lips.  I feel that I'm not even wearing any lipstick!!!  It's just an 'elegant' lipstick - from the packaging, to the texture, to the look!!!  I LOVE YSL #1 Le Rouge :)

Another Warm Red that I recently discovered is NARS Red Square Velvet Matte Lipliner - It actually matches the Warm Autumn Tangerine Swatch, but it has enough red in it for me to want to classify it as a warm true red or at least as more of an orange-red:




I love wearing the NARS Matte Liners!  First, they act as a lipstick on their own, however, they are also the most practical blending/mixing colour.  I look forward to experimenting with this colour and mixing in various other Warm Autumn shades.  I'm always brainstorming how this liner will work with all my various gold/copper lipsticks :)

I really love that I now have a great tangerine-red liner and warm true red lipstick to play with!  So to end this post, I decided that I would combine the two together :)


The result: THE perfect warm true red lip!!!

To create this look, I didn't just focus on the lips.  I also wanted to balance out the lip with a subtle smokey eyemakeup effect.  I started with my basic face - I used the loreal true match concealer and foundation in W 4-5.  I then applied MAC Coppertone blush.  I started the eye makeup look with MAC Amber Lights applied to the lid into the crease.  I then used Laura Mercier Brown Copper eyeliner and smudged a deep golden brown shade into the liner (from the too faced natural eye palette).  I finished the look with a swipe of mascara.

I also wore one of my warm yellowed greens for this photo, as I thought that the brightness was the perfect compliment to the red lip!!!

Bravo to the warm true red lip!!!

No comments: