Sunday, September 2, 2012
For those of you who follow my posts regularily, you're already familiar with my current obsession with David Zyla's concept of power colours. I have always admired women who have embraced a signature colour of signature look. I decided to do a little 'colour archeology' and dig deeper to find what I know to be 100% true:
1) My best colour palette is TRUE AUTUMN
2) Every style test/quiz etc that I take always leads back to some various of 'city-chic', 'urban-chic' or 'euro-chic' - which leads me to beleive that 'chic' is something I need to embrace
3) My Kibbe style type is a 'soft classic', which is classic (or chic) with a romantic influence
4) My current power colours are: Golden olive (this colour is present in my eyes, skin and my hair definitely has a golden undertone to it), Teal (my best dramatic colour) and amber-gold (my best tranquil colour)
5) THe combination of knowing your colours and best style is the KEY to being and looking your ultimate BEST!!!
So the question now is - What's Next? How do I take all this information and use it become that sophisticated woman I know is within me???
I think the key for me is to start looking for evening wear and dresses in my warm teal shade (wearing a striking spicy-orange-red like MAC's Chili to compliment the look). For everyday, I am going to look for golden olive toned clothing - tops, sweaters, jackets, pencil skirts, a classic trench coat etc and accent the golden olive shade with my tranquil colour - amber-gold, golds - i.e. jewlery, belts, scarves, gloves etc etc - I can't wait to start keeping my eyes open for my power colours!!!